I'm getting a Service Error. What should I do?
If you're getting a Service Error when trying to stream HBO, try the following steps:
Step 1: Restart your device
- Turn your TiVo device off.
- Wait 10 seconds and turn it back on again.
- Open the HBO app and see if the issue is resolved.
Step 2: Play another show or movie
Try playing different shows and movies to see if the problem occurs when you try to play any show or movie. If the issue is limited to a particular show or movie, please let us know which show or movie using our Customer Support form.
Step 3: Try device troubleshooting
Try the troubleshooting steps on this page: Troubleshooting TiVo.
Step 4: Restart your network devices
- Unplug the power from your network devices (modem, router, etc.).
- Wait 30 seconds.
- Reconnect the power to your modem and wait for it to connect to the internet (about a minute).
- Reconnect the power to your router and wait for it to connect to the internet.
- Open the HBO app and see if the problem is resolved.
If this information doesn't help, you can email us the Service Error code along with a description of the problem using our Customer Support form.