Error message or empty tiles after opening HBO GO
If your iOS device is using version iOS 7.0 or earlier, you may see one of the following error messages, or no content after opening HBO GO:
- An Internet connection is needed to access the HBO GO app. Please try again.
- We're sorry. Some videos may not be available at this time. We are working on this issue and hope to have it resolved shortly.
- Startup Error. HBO GO was unable to start up successfully. Would you like to try again?
If you're using iOS version 7.0 or earlier, you'll need to update your iOS software before you can stream HBO GO. To update your software, do the following:
- To update the software on your iOS device, go to Settings > General > Software Update. For more info, go to Update your iOS device.
- Download the latest version of the HBO GO app. To do this, open the App Store on your iOS device and search for HBO GO.
If your device can't be updated to iOS version 8.0 or later, you'll need to stream HBO GO on another device (or on your computer at HBOGO.com). To see our supported devices, see Which devices work with HBO GO?