I'm getting a Service Error. What should I do?
If you're getting a Service Error when trying to use HBO GO, try the following steps:
Step 1: Update HBO GO
Make sure you have the latest version of the HBO GO app.
To do this open the app store on your device, search for HBO GO, and see if there's an update available. If there's an app update, download it and see if the issue is resolved.
Step 2: Restart your device
- Turn your device off.
- Wait 10 seconds and turn it back on again.
- Open HBO GO and see if the issue is resolved.
Step 3: Play another show or movie
Try playing different shows and movies to see if the problem occurs when you try to play any show or movie. If the issue is limited to a particular show or movie, please let us know which show or movie using our Customer Support form.
Step 4: Try another device
Try streaming HBO GO on another device connected to the same network. This will help determine if the problem is related to your network or a specific device (see our Supported devices). If you experience the same error on another device, skip ahead to Step 6.
Step 5: Try device troubleshooting
Find the device you're using below and try the troubleshooting steps:
- Amazon Fire TV
- Amazon Fire tablet
- Android phone or tablet
- Android TV
- Apple TV
- iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
- PlayStation 3
- Playstation 4
- Samsung TV
- Xbox 360
- Xbox One
Step 6: Restart your network devices
- Unplug the power from your network devices (modem, router, etc.).
- Wait 30 seconds.
- Reconnect the power to your modem and wait for it to connect to the internet (about a minute).
- Reconnect the power to your router and wait for it to connect to the internet.
- Open HBO GO and see if the problem is resolved.
For additional help, go to our Troubleshooting Support page and choose your device.
If this information doesn't help, you can email us the Service Error code along with a description of the problem using our Customer Support form.