I'm getting a Service Error. What should I do?
If you're getting a Service Error when trying to use HBO GO, try the following steps:
Step 1: Restart your device
- Turn your device off.
- Wait 10 seconds and turn it back on again.
Step 2: Try another device
Try streaming HBO GO on another device connected to the same network. This will help determine if the problem is related to your network or a specific device (see our Supported devices). If you experience the same error on another device, skip ahead to Step 4.
Step 3: Try device troubleshooting
Find the device you're using below and try the troubleshooting steps:
Step 4: Restart your network devices
- Unplug the power from your network devices (modem, router, etc.).
- Wait 30 seconds.
- Reconnect the power to your modem and wait for it to connect to the internet (about a minute).
- Reconnect the power to your router and wait for it to connect to the internet.
- Open HBO GO and see if the problem is resolved.
For additional help, go to our Troubleshooting Support page and choose your device.
If this information doesn't help, you can email us the Service Error code along with a description of the problem using our Customer Support form.