No sound or static with HBO GO on Amazon Fire TV
In order to get Dolby Digital Plus audio, you need to have a receiver that supports Dolby Digital Plus. Dolby Digital Plus is an audio technology based on Dolby Digital 5.1, the established standard for home theater surround sound.
If you're not getting sound or hearing static in HBO GO on your Amazon Fire TV, try the following:
- Make sure your speakers are connected to your Dolby Digital Plus receiver.
- Make sure your HDMI/Optical connectors are plugged in.
- Make sure the audio setting on your Fire TV is set to Dolby Digital Plus.
- Reverse the ends of the cable or trying using another cable.
If you're still experiencing audio issues, try turning off Dolby Digital Plus. Here's how:
- On your Amazon Fire TV, go to Settings > Display & Sounds > Audio > Dolby Digital Output > and then turn Dolby Digital Plus OFF.