How to cast HBO GO to your TV
You can use Chromecast to cast HBO GO from your phone, tablet, or computer to your TV.
Important Chromecast and the device with HBO GO must be on the same Wi-Fi network and meet the minimum device and software requirements.
Cast from your phone or tablet
- Turn on your TV and make sure Chromecast is set up and plugged in.
- Open HBO GO on your phone or tablet and start playing a video.
- Along the top of the player, tap the Google Cast button. If you don't see a Cast button, try casting from the Google Home app (see section below).
- Tap the device that you want to cast to. Once you're connected, the Cast button turns blue and the video starts playing on your TV.
When you're done casting, tap the Google Cast button and then tap Disconnect.
Cast from the Google Home app
Here's how to cast from the Google Home app:
- Make sure your Chromecast and phone or tablet device are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Open the Google Home app.
- Tap your Chromecast device.
- Tap Cast my screen > Cast screen.
- Once your screen appears on your TV, open HBO GO and start streaming.
Cast from your computer
Here's how to cast HBO GO from your computer to your TV:
- Set up Chromecast on your Android or iOS device (go to Google's Set up your Chromecast device article and choose Android or iPhone & iPad).
- Make sure your Chromecast and your computer are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- On the computer, open Chrome and sign in at HBOGO.com.
- Do either of the following:
- In the top right of your Chrome browser, click the Settings button (appears as three dots) and then choose Cast.
- Click the Google Cast button in the upper-right corner of your Chrome browser. If you don't have a Google Cast button, go to Adding the Cast button to the Chrome toolbar.
- Choose the device that you want to cast to.
- Start watching something at HBOGO.com and the video should start playing on your TV.
When you're done casting, choose the Settings button (appears as three dots) and then Cast (or the Google Cast button), and then choose Stop.
For additional help, go to Chromecast Help.