Does HBO GO support Dolby Digital surround sound?
You can watch HBO GO with Dolby Digital Plus audio on the following devices:
- Amazon Fire TV
- Android TV
- Apple TV
- Google Chromecast Ultra
- Roku (with Roku software version 7.0 or later)
- Samsung TV (models that support Dolby Digital Plus)
- Xbox 360 and Xbox One
In order to get Dolby Digital Plus audio, you need to have a receiver that supports Dolby Digital Plus. Dolby Digital Plus is an audio technology based on Dolby Digital 5.1, the established standard for home theater surround sound.
No sound or no Dolby Digital audio
If you're not getting Dolby Digital Plus audio in HBO GO, try the following:
- Make sure your speakers are connected to your Dolby Digital Plus receiver.
- Make sure your HDMI/Optical connectors are plugged in.
- Make sure the audio setting on your device is set to Dolby Digital Plus.
- Reverse the ends of the cable or trying using another cable.
Apple TV: See Dolby audio on Apple TV
Roku: See No sound or low audio on Roku
Xbox One: See Dolby audio on Xbox One
If you're still experiencing issues, try switching the audio setting on your device to stereo sound.