How do I get HBO GO to play full screen on my computer?
To get a show or movie to play full screen on your computer:
- Go to HBOGO.com and start playing a show or movie.
- Move your mouse to the lower-right corner and click the full-screen icon (appears as four arrows pointing outwards).
To exit full-screen mode, click the full-screen icon or press the Esc key.
HBO GO won't play full screen
If HBO GO videos won't play full screen on your computer, try the following:
Step 1: Restart your browser
Quit your browser, restart it, go back to HBOGO.com and try playing a video again.
Step 2: Check your browser and flash version
- Make sure you're using a supported browser. For a list of supported browsers, see What are the minimum requirements for HBOGO.com?
- Make sure you have the latest version of Adobe Flash Player installed and enabled. To do this, go to the Adobe Flash Player Help and choose Check Now.
Step 3: Adjust your Flash Player settings
Adjust your Adobe Flash Player settings by doing the following:
- Start playing a video and then choose pause.
- Right-click on the paused video, and then choose Settings.
- On the Display tab, clear the check box next to Enable hardware acceleration.
- Close the Flash Player Settings window.
Step 4: Try using another browser
To see if the issue is related to a browser plug-in or add-on, open another browser and try playing a video full screen.
Important The highest resolution supported at HBOGO.com is 1080p. If your screen resolution is greater than 1080p, videos might not play full screen or may be clipped off. To resolve this issue, try changing your screen resolution.