How does Continue Watching work?
When you watch shows and movies, HBO GO keeps track of your progress. If you stop watching something and later return to it, your progress is remembered and the video resumes playing where you left off. Recent videos that you've partially watched appear on your Continue Watching list.
To see what's on your Continue Watching list:
- Go to HBOGO.com and sign in (if prompted).
- In the upper-right corner, choose Watchlist.
- Choose Continue Watching.
To continue watching a show or movie, hover your mouse over the item and click the Play icon. If you want to remove all the items on your list, choose Clear all. You can also turn off continue watching by clearing the Turn on Continue Watching check box.
Phone or tablet
- Open the HBO GO app and tap the Menu button.
- Tap Watchlist and then Continue Watching.
Tap an item to continue watching the show or movie. If you want to remove all the items on your list, tap Clear. You can also turn off continue watching by going to Settings > Video Playback and then turning off Continue Watching.
Connected TV or game console
Open the HBO GO app and go to Settings > Continue Watching. Select a show or movie to continue watching where you left off.
- Continue Watching is not available on Xbox 360, Xbox One, and Roku.
- Late Night videos are never added to your Continue Watching list, though you can add them to your Watchlist if you like.
- If you watch a video up to the end credits, the video won't appear on your Continue Watching list.