How to use Picture-in-Picture on an iPad
Picture-in-Picture lets you continue watching an HBO GO video, while using another app on your iPad
How to use Picture-in-Picture on your iPad
- Open the HBO GO app and start watching a video.
- Tap the video to see the player controls.
- In the upper-right corner, tap the Picture-in-Picture icon (rectangle within a rectangle). The video that you’re watching shrinks and continues to play.
- Press the Home button on your iPad.
- Tap another app. When you do this, the video stays on top and continues to play.
Player controls: Full screen, pause, and close
Tap the Picture-in-Picture window to see the following player controls:
- Rectangles: Expand the Picture-in-Picture window to full screen.
- Pause/Play: Pause or play the video.
- X: Close the Picture-in-Picture window.
Move or resize the Picture-in-Picture window
- Use a pinch-to-zoom gesture on the Picture-in-Picture window to make the window larger.
- You can drag the Picture-in-Picture window to another position on the screen.
- If you need more screen space or you just want to listen to the audio, you can slide the Picture-in-Picture window almost off screen (so only a sliver of the window is showing).
Note Picture-in-Picture is available on iPad Pro, iPad Air or later, and iPad mini 2 or later and requires iOS version 9.0 or later. It is available on version 3.1.1 or later of the HBO GO app (to see what version of the HBO GO app you have, go to Settings > Version).