Troubleshoot video playback issues on Android TV
HBO GO requires a solid Internet connection while streaming video. HBO GO adjusts the video quality based on the strength of your network connection. If you're experiencing streaming issues, a slow or inconsistent network connection might be the cause. Try the following steps to resolve the issue.
Step 1: Power cycle your devices
Try power cycling your Android TV and your network devices. Here's how:
- Disconnect the power from your Android TV device.
- Unplug the power from your network devices (modem, router, etc.).
- Reconnect the power to your modem and then your router. Let each device power up before connecting the next.
- Reconnect the power to your Android TV device.
- Sign in to HBO GO and try to play a video.
Step 2: Test your connection speed
Test the speed of your connection from a computer on the same network as your Android TV. You can test your network connection speed at speakeasy.net/speedtest.
Step 3: Try a wired connection
Test video playback in HBO GO using a wired connection (connect your Android TV to your home network using an Ethernet cable).