Troubleshoot HBO GO on my Android TV
There are some common steps you can follow if you encounter an issue using HBO GO on your Android TV. If you're having video playback issues, see Troubleshoot video playback on Android TV.
Step 1: Power-cycle your Android TV
- Turn off your Android TV and unplug the power cord.
- Wait at least ten seconds.
- Reconnect the power cord.
- Open HBO GO and see if the issue is resolved
Step 2: Clear the cache and uninstall HBO GO
- From the Android TV home screen, scroll down until you reach Settings.
- Select Settings.
- Select Apps.
- Under Downloaded, find and select HBO GO.
- Select Clear cache, and then select OK to confirm.
- Select Clear data, and then select OK to confirm.
- Select Uninstall, and then select OK to confirm.
Step 3: Reinstall HBO GO
- Go to the Google Play Store, find the HBO GO app, then choose Install.
- Open the HBO GO app.
- Activate HBO GO on your Android TV.
- Check to see if the issue is resolved.