Troubleshoot HBO GO on Android TV
If you're having issues with HBO GO on your Android TV, try the steps below, retrying the action that wasn't working after each step.
Step 1: Restart your devices
- Unplug your Android TV.
- Unplug the power from your network devices (modem, router, etc.).
- Reconnect the power to your modem and then your router. Let each device power up before connecting the next.
- Plug your Android TV back in.
- Sign in to HBO GO and play a video.
Step 2: Uninstall/reinstall HBO GO
- Uninstall HBO GO from your Android TV.
- Go to the app store and reinstall HBO GO.
- Activate HBO GO on your Android TV and see if your issue is resolved.
Step 3: Clear the cache and uninstall HBO GO
- From the Android TV home screen, scroll down until you reach Settings.
- Select Settings.
- Select Apps.
- Under Downloaded, find and select HBO GO.
- Select Clear cache, and then select OK to confirm.
- Select Clear data, and then select OK to confirm.
- Select Uninstall, and then select OK to confirm.
For more help with your Android TV, go to Android support.