Troubleshoot HBO GO on Android TV
If you're having issues with HBO GO on your Android TV, try the steps below, retrying the action that wasn't working after each step.
Step 1: Check for HBO GO updates
- Go to the Play Store > My Apps > HBO GO > and select Update if there's an update available.
Note: You can set your apps to automatically update by going to Play Store > Settings > Auto-updated apps > Select Auto-update apps at any time.
Step 2: Clear the cache and data
- From the Android TV home screen, go to Settings > Apps > HBO GO.
- Select Clear cache, and then select OK to confirm.
- Select Clear data, and then select OK to confirm.
Step 3: Uninstall/reinstall HBO GO
- Uninstall HBO GO from your Android TV (Settings > Apps > HBO GO > Uninstall).
- Go to the Play Store and reinstall HBO GO.
- Activate HBO GO on your Android TV and see if your issue is resolved.
Step 4: Restart your devices
- Unplug your Android TV.
- Unplug the power from your network devices (modem, router, etc.).
- Reconnect the power to your modem and then your router. Let each device power up before connecting the next.
- Plug your Android TV back in.
- Sign in to HBO GO and play a video.
For more help with your Android TV, go to Android support.