Connect your iPhone or iPad to your TV using an HDMI cable
You can watch HBO GO on your TV by connecting your iPhone or iPad to your TV. To do this, you need:
- An iPhone or iPad with HDMI out capability
- HBO GO app version 3.0.2 or later
- An HDTV that supports HDCP and has HDMI ports.
- An HDMI cable to connect your device to your TV.
- An Apple Digital AV adapter
Once you connect your iPhone or iPad to your TV, audio and video from your device should play on your TV.
If you have issues watching HBO GO on your TV, try the following:
- Disconnect both ends of your cable and reconnect the cable to your device and TV.
- Make sure the adapter is securely connected to your HDMI cable.
- Try connecting the HDMI cable to another HDMI port on your TV.
- Make sure your TV is set to the correct HDMI source.
- If video plays without sound, you might need to change the audio source on your TV or audio receiver.
- Make sure you have the latest software on your iOS device.
- Make sure you have the latest update of the HBO GO app installed (go to the App Store on your iOS device and see if there's an HBO GO update).
For more information, go to Apple Digital AV Adapters for iOS devices.