Connect your iOS device to your TV and stream HBO GO
You can watch HBO GO on your TV by connecting your iPhone or iPad to your TV. To do this, you need:
- An iPhone or iPad with HDMI out capability
- An Apple Digital AV adapter and an HDMI cable
- An HDTV that supports HDCP and has HDMI ports
After you connect your iPhone or iPad to your TV, open the HBO GO app and start watching something. When you do this, audio and video from your iOS device should play on your TV. If this doesn't happen, try the following:
- Disconnect both ends of your cable and reconnect the cable to your iOS device and TV.
- Make sure the adapter is securely connected to your HDMI cable.
- Try connecting the HDMI cable to another HDMI port on your TV.
- Make sure your TV is set to the correct HDMI source.
- If video plays without sound, you might need to change the audio source on your TV or audio receiver.
- Make sure you have the latest software on your iOS device.
- Make sure you have the latest version of HBO GO installed (go to the App Store on your iOS device and see if there's an HBO GO update).