Troubleshoot browser playback issues
If you're having issues with playing videos in HBO GO on your computer, try the steps below.
Step 1: Check your Internet connection
HBO GO requires a constant Internet connection of 3.0 Mbps or greater to stream video. If playback is buffering on your computer, check the speed of your Internet connection by using an online site such as speakeasy.net/speedtest. If you find that your download speed is less than 3 Mbps, try connecting your computer to your home network using an Ethernet cable (if it isn't already), or contact your Internet provider for help.
Step 2: Restart your computer and network devices
- Close all apps and then turn off your computer.
- Unplug the power cord from your network devices (i.e. modem and router).
- Plug in your network devices one at a time, letting each device power up before connecting the next (start with the modem first).
- Turn on your computer and go to HBOGO.com.
- Try playing a video.
Step 3: Check your browser version and clear cache
- Make sure you're using the latest version of a supported web browser. If you have another browser installed, try playing videos using another browser.
- Clear your browser's cache. To find out how to do this, search for "clear cache" in your browser's help.
- Close and reopen your browser, then sign in to HBOGO.com and try playing the video again.
Step 4: Check Flash and browser configuration
- Make sure you have the latest version of Adobe Flash Player installed and enabled. To do this, go to the Adobe Flash Player Help and choose Check Now.
- Check your browser configuration:
- Make sure third-party cookies are enabled.
- Turn off private browsing or incognito mode.
- Disable ad-blocking software.
- Disable browser plug-ins and add-ins.