Connect a computer to your TV with HDMI and stream HBO GO
Yes, if your computer has an HDMI input you can connect your computer to your TV with an HDMI cable and watch HBO GO on the big screen (go to HBOGO.com on your computer). To enjoy HD-quality video, the HDMI cable, HDMI connection on your computer, and your TV must all be HDCP compliant.
Once you connect your computer to your TV, audio and video from your computer should play on your TV. If this doesn't happen, try the following:
- Disconnect both ends of your cable and reconnect the cable to your computer and TV.
- If you're using an adapter, make sure its securely connected to your HDMI cable.
- Try connecting the HDMI cable to another HDMI port on your TV.
- Make sure your TV is set to the correct HDMI source.
- If video plays without sound, you might need to change the audio source on your TV or audio receiver.
HBO GO verifies that your setup is HDCP compliant when you play a video. If you get an HDCP error, please see HDCP error.