Connect a computer to your TV with HDMI and stream HBO GO
You can connect your computer to your TV with an HDMI cable and stream HBO GO on the big screen. To connect your computer to your TV, you need:
- A computer with HDMI out capability
- An HDMI cable to connect your device to your TV
- An HDTV that supports HDCP and has HDMI ports
To enjoy HD-quality video, the HDMI cable, HDMI connection on your computer, and your TV must all be HDCP compliant.
After you connect your computer to your TV, go to HBOGO.com on your computer. When you start watching something, audio and video from your computer should play on your TV. If this doesn't happen, try the following:
- Disconnect both ends of your cable and reconnect the cable to your computer and TV.
- If you're using an adapter, make sure its securely connected to your HDMI cable.
- Try connecting the HDMI cable to another HDMI port on your TV.
- Make sure your TV is set to the correct HDMI source.
- If video plays without sound, you might need to change the audio source on your TV or audio receiver.