Troubleshoot issues with Chromecast on a computer
If you're experiencing issues when using the HBO GO app and Chromecast on your computer,
- Confirm that both devices are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Confirm you are using the latest version of the Google Chrome browser and have the Google Cast extension installed.
- Check your connection speed. HBO GO requires a constant Internet connection of 5.0 Mbps or greater to stream video. If the connection quality drops too low to transmit video, you will get an audio only feed. A slow or inconsistent network connection could be the cause. You can check your connection speed using an app (i.e. go to Speedtest.net and install the Speed Test app).
If you're still having issues, try following the steps below:
- Restart Chrome.
- Clear Chrome's cache.
- Restart your home networking equipment (router and/or modem).
- Restart your Chromecast (Turn it off for 1-2 minutes and then back on).
- Now retry casting from your computer.
If you continue to experience issues please visit the Chromecast support page: https://support.google.com/chromecast/?hl=en#topic=3447927