Troubleshoot HBO GO on Samsung TV
If you're experiencing video playback issues, see Troubleshoot video playback issues on Samsung TV.
Here are some steps to try if you're having another issue with HBO GO on your Samsung TV.
Step 1: Close and restart HBO GO
Exit out of the HBO GO app and then restart it.
Step 2: Restart your Samsung TV
- Turn off your Samsung TV.
- Wait a moment and turn your TV back on.
- Reopen HBO GO and see if the issue if resolved.
Step 3: Update your Samsung TV
Try updating your Samsung TV software. Here's how:
- Press the Menu button on your Samsung TV remote.
- Select Support > Software Update > Update Now. Your TV will restart and you'll see a message when the update is done.
Once the update is completed, update the Smart Hub:
- Open the Smart Hub and navigate to Apps
- Stay on the Apps page for 5 minutes.
- Reopen HBO GO and see if the issue is resolved.
Step 4: Delete and reinstall HBO GO
The following steps may vary depending on your Samsung TV model.
- Open the Smart Hub.
- Using the navigational keys on your remote to highlight HBO GO.
- Press the Tools button on your remote and then select Delete.
- Search for HBO GO.
- Select HBO GO to reinstall the app.
- Once installed, select Run.
- Activate the HBO GO app.
- See if the issue is resolved.