I'm getting a Request Timeout error using HBO GO on my Xbox 360. What should I do?
To resolve this issue, try the following troubleshooting steps:
- Connect your Xbox 360 directly to your TV using an HDMI cable.
- Delete the HBO GO app from your Xbox 360. To do this, highlight the HBO GO app and then press X on your controller. Next, choose Delete.
- Clear the Xbox system cache (for step-by-step instructions, go to Xbox Support: How to clear the cache on Xbox 360).
- Connect to Xbox Live and install any software updates.
- Remove the HBO GO PlayReady License Store. To do this, go Settings > System Settings > Storage > your primary storage device (i.e. Hard Drive) > Games and Apps. Then scroll down and select HBO GO > HBO GO Playready License Store > Delete (and confirm the deletion).
- Turn your Xbox 360 off and then back on again.
- Reinstall the HBO GO app and see if you still get a Request Timeout error.
If you continue to get a Request Timeout error, try the following steps:
- Power cycle your home networking equipment (modem & router).
- Make sure your connection speed is greater than 3Mbps (you can test your network connection speed at speakeasy.net/speedtest).
- Try using a wired connection (connect your Xbox 360 to your home network using an Ethernet cable).
HBO GO requires a solid Internet connection while streaming video. HBO GO will adjust video quality based on the strength of your network connection. If you're experiencing streaming issues, a slow or inconsistent network connection can be the cause.
For HBO GO service status and troubleshooting tips, go to HBO GO app on Xbox 360 help.