Can't sign in to HBO GO on Amazon Fire TV
You'll need to have your phone or a computer handy to sign in on your Amazon Fire TV. Here's how to sign in:
- Open HBO GO on your Amazon Fire TV, and from Welcome choose Sign In.
- Follow these TV sign-in steps.
If you can't sign in, try these steps:
Step 1: Sign-in troubleshooting steps
Try the Sign-in troubleshooting steps. If these steps don't help, here are some additional steps to try.
Step 2: Clear app data
- On your Fire TV, go to Settings > Applications > Manage Installed Applications > HBO GO.
- Select Force Stop.
- Select Clear data, and then choose Clear data again to confirm.
- Open HBO GO and from Welcome, choose Sign In. For complete steps, see Sign in on Amazon Fire TV.
If you still can't sign in, try the next step.
Step 3: Uninstall/reinstall HBO GO
- Remove the HBO GO app from your Amazon Fire TV. To do this, go to Settings > Applications > Manage Installed Applications > HBO GO > Uninstall.
- Restart your Amazon Fire TV (disconnect and reconnect the power).
- Download HBO GO from the Amazon Fire TV app store.
Try signing in again on your Fire TV. If you still can't sign in, try the next step.
Why do I have to sign in again on my Amazon Fire TV?
TV providers require subscribers to periodically sign in to HBO GO as a security measure.