Error message: "HBO can't connect with the server at this time. Please try again later."
Some users have reported that clearing the system cache resolved video playback issues. If you're experiencing issues with the HBO GO app on your Xbox One, follow the steps below:
- Connect the Xbox directly to the TV using an HDMI cable.
- Uninstall the HBO GO app.
- Install Xbox One updates if they're available.
- Remove the HBO GO PlayReady License Store by going to Settings > System Settings > Storage > Memory Unit > Games & Apps > HBO GO > HBO GO PlayReady License Store > DELETE. You may be prompted to confirm deletion.
- Restart your Xbox
- Reinstall the HBO GO app.
- Restart your home networking equipment (router and/or modem)
- Run the Xbox One speed test at http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/networking/streaming-quality-solution.
- Test video playback using a hard-wired connection.
For HBO GO service status and troubleshooting tips please visit: support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/apps/hbo-go-help