I am unable to play video on my Xbox 360, the error message says "HBO can't connect with the server at this time. Please try again later."
If you are experiencing video playback issues on your Xbox 360 we suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps below:
- Connect the Xbox directly to the TV using an HDMI cable
- Uninstall the HBO GO app
- Clear the system cache (For step by step instructions please visit: support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/settings-and-initial-setup/clear-system-cache )
- Confirm that the Xbox 360 Console software is updated to the latest version (Install updates if they are available)
- Remove the HBO GO PlayReady License Store. To do this, browse to "Settings" > select "System Settings" > select "Storage" > select "Memory Unit" > select "Games & Apps" > select "HBO GO" > select "HBO GO PlayReady License Store" > select "DELETE." You may be prompted to confirm deletion.
- Power Cycle the Xbox
- Reinstall the HBO GO app
- Power cycle your home networking equipment (Modem & Router)
- Confirm your connection speed is greater than 3Mbps, go to www.speakeasy.net/speedtest
- Test video playback using a hard wired connection
HBO GO requires a very solid internet connection while streaming video. HBO GO will adjust video quality based on the strength of your network connection. If you are experiencing video playback issues a slow or inconsistent network connection could be the cause. For HBO GO service status and troubleshooting tips please visit: support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/apps/hbo-go-help