Troubleshoot HBO GO on PlayStation 3
If you're having issues with HBO GO on your Playstation 3, try the steps below, retrying the action that wasn't working after each step.
Step 1: Check your connection speed
HBO GO requires a minimum download speed of 3 Mbps to stream video. If you're experiencing streaming issues, a slow or inconsistent network connection might be the cause. To check your connection speed go to Settings > Network > Internet Connection Test.
Step 2: Restart your devices
Try restarting your PlayStation 3 and your network devices. Here's how:
- Turn off your PlayStation 3.
- Unplug the power from your network devices (modem, router, etc.).
- Reconnect the power to your modem and then your router. Let each device power up before connecting the next.
- Turn on your PlayStation 3 and try playing an HBO GO video.
Step 3: Try a wired connection
For the best performance, try using a wired connection instead of a wireless connection. To do this, connect your PlayStation 3 to your home network using an Ethernet cable.
For additional troubleshooting information, go to PlayStation: Troubleshoot Network Connection.
Step 4: Reinstall HBO GO
Delete and reinstall the HBO GO app:
- Remove the HBO GO app from your PlayStation 3.
- Restart your PlayStation 3 system.
- Download the HBO GO app from the PlayStation Store.
- Activate HBO GO and play a video to see if playback is improved.
If you're still having issues with your Playstation, go to the PlayStation support page: support.us.playstation.com.