Troubleshoot issues using Chromecast on my iPhone or iPad
If you're experiencing issues using HBO GO and Chromecast on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, try the following steps:
Step 1: Software updates
- Make sure you have the latest version of the HBO GO app (go to the App Store on your device and see if there's an update available).
- Make sure that your iOS software is up to date by navigating to Settings > General > Software Update. For more information, go to Apple Help: Update the iOS software.
Step 2: Power cycle your devices
- Unplug the power cord from your network devices (i.e. modem and router).
- Unplug the power cord from your Chromecast device.
- Plug in your network devices one at a time, letting each device power up before connecting the next (start with the modem first).
- Plug in your Chromecast device.
- Make sure that both your iOS device and Chromecast are connected to the same Wi-Fi network (go to Settings >Wi-Fi on your device, and choose a network).
- Try casting a video.
Step 3: Delete and reinstall HBO GO
- Tap and hold the HBO GO app icon until it jiggles.
- Tap the X on the HBO GO icon.
- When prompted, tap Delete to confirm.
- Press the Home button.
- Go to the App Store to find and reinstall HBO GO.
HBO GO requires a solid Internet connection while streaming video. If you continue to have casting issues, check the speed of your connection (i.e. go to Speedtest.net and install the Speed Test app on your iOS device).
If you continue to experience issues, go to Chromecast Help.