What do I need to use Chromecast with HBO GO?
You can use Chromecast to cast HBO GO from your phone, tablet, or computer to your TV. To use HBO GO with Chromecast, you need the following:
- An HBO subscription
- An HBO GO app on your phone or tablet or HBOGO.com on your computer
- Chromecast must be set up and plugged in to both your TV and a power outlet
- Wi-Fi network (2.4 GHz 802.11 b/g/n) with compatible router
Note: Your Chromecast and your device must both be connected to the same network.
In addition, your phone, tablet, or computer must meet following requirements:
- Windows or Apple computer with the latest version of Chrome installed (Chromecast functionality is built-in to the Chrome browser starting with version 51).
iPad, or iPod touch with iOS 8.0 or later.
- Android phone or tablet with Android 4.1 or later.