Why can't I see the Chromecast icon with HBO GO on my computer?
If you're experiencing issues with using HBO GO and Chromecast on your computer, try the following suggestions:
- Clear the cache
- Confirm that Google Chrome has been updated to the latest version
- You must use the Chrome browser and have the Google Cast extension installed. Install the Google Cast extension: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/google-cast/boadgeojelhgndaghljhdicfkmllpafd
- Power Cycle your computer (Turn it OFF/ON)
- Power Cycle your home networking equipment (router and modem)
- Power Cycle the Chromecast (Turn it off for 1-2 minutes and then back on)
- Confirm that both devices are connected to the same Wi-Fi network
- Check your connection speed (To check your connection speeds download the Speedtest.net application)
- Re-Test Casting
HBO GO requires a very solid internet connection while streaming video. HBO GO will adjust video quality based on the strength of your network connection. If at any point in time the connection drops out (even for a short while), the app will suggest that you connect to Wi-Fi. If the connection quality drops too low to transmit video, you will get an audio only feed. A slow or inconsistent network connection could be the cause.
If you continue to experience issues please visit the Chromecast support page: https://support.google.com/chromecast/?hl=en#topic=3447927