Google Cast button doesn't appear in HBO GO on my Android device?
In order for the Google Cast button to be visible in HBO GO, Chromecast and your Android phone or tablet must be on the same Wi-Fi network.
If you're experiencing issues with Chromecast, try the following steps:
- Make sure that Chromecast and the device with HBO GO are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Make sure your Android phone or tablet meets the minimum device and software requirements.
- Close all open apps and then power cycle your phone or tablet by turning it off for 1-2 minutes and then back on.
- Power cycle Chromecast by turning it off for 1-2 minutes and then back on.
- Power cycle your router and modem by turning them off for 1-2 minutes and then back on. Reconfirm all devices are on the same Wi-Fi network.
- Uninstall and then reinstall the HBO GO app.
You can also check for Android software updates by going to Settings > About Phone > System Update on your Android phone or tablet.
Note HBO GO is not supported on rooted Android devices or devices with a custom ROM. As a result, you may encounter problems that can only be resolved by restoring your device to factory settings.
If you continue to experience issues with Chromecast, go to Chromecast Help for additional assistance.