Google Cast button doesn't appear in HBO GO on Android
If you're experiencing issues with Chromecast, try the following steps:
- Make sure Chromecast and your Android device with HBO GO are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Make sure your Android phone or tablet meets the minimum device and software requirements. You can also check for Android software updates by going to Settings > System > Advanced > System update on your Android phone or tablet.
- Close your apps and then restart your phone or tablet.
- Unplug your Chromecast, wait 10 seconds and then plug it back in.
- Unplug the power from your network devices (modem, router, etc.). Reconnect the power to your modem and then your router. Let each device power up before connecting the next.
- Uninstall and then reinstall the HBO GO app. If the Chromecast icon still doesn't appear in HBO GO, try casting from the Google Home app.
Cast from the Google Home app
Here's how to cast HBO GO using the Google Home app:
- Make sure you have the latest version of the Google Home app on your phone or tablet (check for an update in the Google Play Store).
- Open the Google Home app on your Android phone or tablet.
- Tap your Chromecast device.
- Tap Cast my screen > Cast screen.
- Once your screen appears on your TV, open HBO GO and start streaming.
For additional help, go to Cast your Android screen from Google Home.
If you continue to experience issues with Chromecast, go to Chromecast: Troubleshoot an issue.
Note HBO GO isn't supported on rooted Android devices or devices with a custom ROM. As a result, you may encounter problems that can only be resolved by restoring your device to factory settings.