Chromecast button doesn't appear in HBO GO on Android
If you're experiencing issues with Chromecast, try the following steps:
- Make sure that Chromecast and the device with HBO GO are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Make sure your Android phone or tablet meets the minimum device and software requirements. You can also check for Android software updates by going to Settings > About Phone > System Update on your Android phone or tablet.
- Close all open apps and then restart your phone or tablet by turning it off for 1-2 minutes and then back on.
- Restart your Chromecast by turning it off for 1-2 minutes and then back on.
- Restart your router and modem by turning them off for 1-2 minutes and then back on. Confirm all devices are on the same Wi-Fi network.
- Uninstall and then reinstall the HBO GO app.
You can also try casting from the Google Home app. Here's how:
- Open the Google Home app on your Android device.
- Tap the Menu button and then Cast screen/audio.
- Tap Cast Screen / Audio.
- Choose your Chromecast device.
- Once your phone screen appears on your TV, open HBO GO and start streaming.
Note: HBO GO isn't supported on rooted Android devices or devices with a custom ROM. As a result, you may encounter problems that can only be resolved by restoring your device to factory settings.
If you continue to experience issues with Chromecast, go to Chromecast Help for additional assistance.