Troubleshoot HBO GO on Amazon Fire TV
Try these steps if you're having an issue with HBO GO on your Amazon Fire TV, Fire TV Stick, or Fire TV Cube.
Note: Amazon Fire TV voice commands are not currently supported in HBO GO.
Step 1: Check your network status
HBO GO requires a solid Internet connection while streaming video. HBO GO will adjust video quality based on the strength of your network connection. If videos frequently buffer or are poor quality, a slow or inconsistent network connection might be the cause.
- On your Amazon Fire TV, go to Settings > Network.
- Press the Play button on your remote to check your network status.
Step 2: Restart your devices
Try power cycling your Amazon Fire TV and your network devices. Here's how:
- Unplug your Amazon Fire TV or Amazon Fire TV Stick.
- Unplug the power from your network devices (modem, router, etc.).
- Reconnect the power to your modem and then your router. Let each device power up before connecting the next.
- Plug your Amazon Fire TV back in.
- Sign in to HBO GO and play a video.
Step 3: Clear the cache
- Press the Home button on your Amazon Fire TV remote and navigate to Settings.
- On the Settings screen, scroll over and select Applications > Manage Installed Applications.
- Find and select HBO GO > Force stop > Clear cache > Clear data > confirm by choosing Clear data again.
- Open the HBO GO app and see if the issue persists.
Step 4: Check for software updates
- On your Amazon Fire TV, go to Settings > Device > About.
- Choose Check for System Update. If an update is available, it'll be downloaded.
- After the download is complete, choose Install System Update to install the update.
Step 5: Uninstall and reinstall HBO GO
- Go back to Settings > Applications > Manage Installed Applications.
- Find and select HBO GO.
- Select Uninstall.
- Go to Home and search for HBO GO.
- Select HBO GO and then choose Download.
- Activate HBO GO on your Amazon Fire TV.
- Check to see if the issue is resolved.