Troubleshoot HBO GO on Roku devices
Step 1: Check your internet connection
HBO GO requires a constant Internet connection of 3.0 Mbps or greater to stream video. If videos frequently buffer or are poor quality, a slow or inconsistent network connection might be the cause. You can check the speed of your internet connection by going to Tips for improving the wireless connection and following the steps in the How to check your wireless signal strength section.
If you're still having issues after checking your internet connection, try the following steps:
Step 2: Restart your Roku
- From the Roku Home screen, choose Settings > System > System restart > Restart.
- Open the HBO GO app and see if the issue is resolved.
Step 3: Remove and reinstall HBO GO
- From the Home Screen, find and highlight HBO GO.
- Press the * button on your remote.
- Select Remove channel.
- From the Home screen, go to Streaming Channels and find the HBO GO channel.
- Select HBO GO.
- On the channel info page, select Add channel.
Step 4: Install Roku software updates
From the Roku Home screen, choose Settings > System > System update > Check now.
Step 5: Reset your Roku
- Install Roku software updates (from the Roku Home screen, choose Settings > System > System update > Check now).
- Reinstall the HBO GO app.
- Activate HBO GO again.
For additional information about your Roku device support, go to support.roku.com.