Troubleshoot HBO GO on Roku devices
If you're experiencing video playback issues with HBO GO on Roku, see Troubleshoot video playback on Roku. If you're experiencing another issue, try the following steps:
Step 1: Restart your Roku
- From the Roku Home screen, choose Settings > System > System restart > Restart.
- Open the HBO GO app and see if the issue is resolved.
Step 2: Install Roku software updates
From the Roku Home screen, choose Settings > System > System update > Check now.
Step 3: Deactivate and reactivate HBO GO
- Open the HBO GO app, scroll down and select Settings > Deactivate Account.
- Select Deactivate.
- Activate HBO GO again.
- Open HBO GO and see if the issue is resolved.
Step 4: Remove and reinstall HBO GO
- From the Home Screen, find and highlight HBO GO.
- Press the * button on your remote.
- Select Remove channel.
- From the Home screen, go to Streaming Channels and find the HBO GO channel.
- Select HBO GO.
- On the channel info page, select Add channel.
For additional information about your Roku device support, go to support.roku.com.