No sound when watching HBO GO on my Apple TV. What should I do?
You can watch HBO GO with Dolby Digital Plus audio on Apple TV. If you're not getting Dolby Digital Plus audio, try the following:
- Make sure your speakers are connected to your Dolby Digital Plus receiver.
- Make sure your HDMI/Optical connectors are plugged in.
- Reverse the ends of the cable or trying using another cable.
If you're still not getting audio in HBO GO, check the audio settings on your Apple TV.
- Apple TV (4th generation): Go to Settings > Audio and Video > Surround Sound and then choose Best Quality Available. To learn more about audio settings, go to About surround sound settings on your Apple TV (4th generation).
- Apple TV (2nd or 3rd generation): Go to Settings > Audio & Video and make sure that Dolby Digital and Audio Output are both set to Auto.