No sound when watching HBO GO on Apple TV
You can watch HBO GO with Dolby Digital Plus audio on Apple TV. If you're not getting Dolby Digital Plus audio, try the following:
- Make sure your speakers are connected to your Dolby Digital Plus receiver.
- Make sure your HDMI/Optical connectors are plugged in.
- Reverse the ends of the cable or trying using another cable.
If you're still not getting audio in HBO GO, check the audio settings on your Apple TV.
- 4th gen Apple TV: Go to Settings > Audio and Video > Surround Sound and then choose Best Quality Available. To learn more about audio settings, go to About surround sound settings on your Apple TV (4th generation).
- 2nd or 3rd gen Apple TV: Go to Settings > Audio & Video and make sure that Dolby Digital and Audio Output are both set to Auto.