Fix Dolby audio issues with HBO GO on Apple TV
You can watch HBO GO with Dolby Digital Plus audio on your Apple TV. If you're not getting Dolby Digital Plus audio, try the following:
- Make sure your speakers are connected to your Dolby Digital Plus receiver.
- Make sure your HDMI/Optical connectors are plugged in.
- Reverse the ends of the cable or trying using another cable.
If you're still not getting Dolby Digital audio in HBO GO, check the Apple TV audio settings. Here's how:
- Apple TV (4th gen and later): Go to Settings > Audio and Video > Surround Sound and then choose Best Quality Available. To learn more about audio settings, go to Surround sound settings on your Apple TV.
- Apple TV (2nd or 3rd gen): Go to Settings > Audio & Video and make sure that Dolby Digital and Audio Output are both set to Auto.