Which iOS devices work with HBO GO?
HBO GO is supported on the iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch running iOS 12.2 or higher.
- iPhone 5s and later
- iPad 5th generation and later
- iPad Air and iPad Pro models
- iPad mini 2nd generation and later
- iPod touch 6th generation and later
For more info, please see Apple's iOS 12 compatible devices page.
If you're using an older version of iOS, HBO GO won't appear in the App Store on your device.
To find out which iOS version you're using, go to Settings > General > About and then find the Version. To update your iOS version, go to Settings > General > Software Update. For more info, go to Update your iOS device.
Once you download the HBO GO app from the App Store, open HBO GO and sign in using your TV provider account.
For more information, see How do I sign up for HBO GO?
The HBO GO app is greyed out on my device. What should I do?
If the HBO GO app is greyed out, try the following:
- Check to see if App Store Restrictions have been set on your iOS device. To learn more, go to Set Content & Privacy Restrictions.
- Make sure you have the latest software on your iOS device.
- Uninstall HBO GO (press and hold the HBO GO app icon until it jiggles, then tap the X in the upper-left corner to delete).
- Turn your device off, wait a moment, and then turn it back on again.
- Go to the App Store and get the HBO GO app.
- Open HBO GO and sign in.