No sound when watching HBO GO on iOS
If you can't hear audio when watching HBO GO, try the following steps:
Step 1: Check volume
Make sure the volume is turned on at an audible level:
- Try turning up the volume on your iOS device.
- Make sure the switch on your iPad is not set to silent.
- Plug in headphones to see if there's sound.
- Try turning off Bluetooth on your device to make sure your device isn't sending audio to a Bluetooth accessory.
- Turn up the volume within HBO GO (tap the screen and adjust the volume in the upper-right corner).
Step 2: Restart the HBO GO app
- Press the Home button two times quickly to see the running apps.
- Swipe left or right to find HBO GO.
- Swipe up on the HBO GO preview to close it.
- Press the Home button.
- Find HBO GO and tap it to restart the app.
Step 3: Restart your device
Turn off your device (all the way off, not just in standby mode), wait a few seconds, and turn it back on.
Step 4: Update your software
Make sure that your iOS software is up to date by navigating to Settings > General > Software Update. For more information, go to Apple Help: Update the iOS software.
Step 5: Delete and reinstall HBO GO
If you still can't hear audio, delete and reinstall the HBO GO app:
- Delete the HBO GO app. To find out how, please see Delete an app.
- Go to the App Store to find and reinstall HBO GO.