Error message: Not in Service Area
HBO GO is available only in the United States and certain U.S. territories. If you're located in the U.S. and you get a "Not in Service Area" message, your IP address might be incorrectly identified as being outside of the United States. To fix this issue, try restarting your devices using the steps below.
How to restart your device and network
- Turn off or disconnect the power from the device with HBO GO.
- Unplug the power from your network devices (modem, router, etc.).
- Reconnect the power to your modem and then your router. Let each device power up before connecting the next.
- Turn on the device with HBO GO.
- Sign in to HBO GO and try to play a video.
If you continue to have this issue, contact your broadband or Internet provider.