Activating/deactivating HBO GO on Amazon Fire TV or Fire TV Stick
To activate HBO GO on your Amazon Fire TV or Fire TV Stick, follow these steps:
- Download the HBO GO app on your Amazon Fire TV.
- Open HBO GO on your Fire TV.
- Choose Activate Your Device to get your activation code. Stay on this page until you enter the code on your computer (as per the steps below).
- On your computer, go to HBOGO.com/activate.
- Choose Amazon Fire TV and then select Continue.
- Choose your TV provider and then enter the username and password for your TV provider account. If you don't know your username and password, contact your TV provider. If you don't see your TV provider listed, then they don't currently support HBO GO on Amazon Fire TV. For more information, see Why doesn't my TV provider offer HBO GO?
- On the Activate a Device screen, enter the activation code from your TV (from step 3), and then choose Activate Device.
- You should see a "Success" message on both your TV and computer. Sometimes it can take a few minutes for the activation to complete.
You're ready to start watching HBO GO!
Note: The activation code on your Amazon Fire TV expires after 15 minutes. Choose Get New Code if the activation code expires, or if the code you enter isn't recognized.
If you're having any trouble activating HBO GO on your Amazon Fire TV, go to I can't activate a device on my computer.
How do I deactivate HBO GO on my Amazon Fire TV or Fire TV Stick?
To deactivate HBO GO on your Amazon Fire TV or Fire TV Stick:
- Open the HBO GO app on your Amazon Fire TV or Fire TV Stick.
- Press the Menu button on your remote (button with horizontal lines).
- Select Settings > Deactivate HBO GO > Deactivate Now.
If you sold your Samsung TV and forgot to deactivate HBO GO, we can deactivate devices linked to your HBO GO ID. Contact our support team to request a device deactivation.