Signing in or activating HBO GO on Amazon Fire TV
To sign in or activate HBO GO on your Amazon Fire TV, follow these steps:
- Download the HBO GO app on your Amazon Fire TV, Fire TV Stick, or Fire TV Cube.
- Open HBO GO on your Fire TV.
- From Welcome, choose Sign In. Stay on this screen while you sign in on your computer or phone.
- On your phone or computer, go to HBOGO.com/activate.
- Choose Amazon Fire TV and then select Continue.
- Choose your TV provider and then enter the username and password for your TV provider account. If you don't know your username and password, contact your TV provider. If you don't see your TV provider listed, then they don't currently support HBO GO on Amazon Fire TV. For more information, see Why doesn't my TV provider offer HBO GO?
- Enter the 6 character code that appears on your TV (from step 3), and then choose Activate Device.
- You should see a "Success" message on both your phone/computer and your TV. Sometimes it can take a few minutes.
- Choose Continue on your TV.
You're ready to start watching HBO GO!
Note The activation code on your Amazon Fire TV will reset every few minutes.
Can't sign in? See Can't sign in on Amazon Fire TV.
Signing out or deactivating HBO GO on my Amazon Fire TV?
To deactivate HBO GO on your Amazon Fire TV, do the following:
- Open HBO GO app on your Amazon Fire TV.
- Press the Menu button on your remote (button with horizontal lines).
- Choose Settings > Deactivate HBO GO > Deactivate Now.
If you sold your Amazon Fire TV and forgot to deactivate HBO GO, we can deactivate devices linked to your HBO GO profile. Contact our support team to request a device deactivation.