Activating/deactivating HBO GO on Amazon Fire TV
To activate HBO GO on your Amazon Fire TV, Fire TV Stick, or Fire TV Cube, follow these steps:
- Download the HBO GO app on your Amazon Fire TV.
- Open HBO GO on your Fire TV.
- Choose Sign In or Don't have an account? Stay on this screen until you enter the code on your computer (as per the steps below).
- On your phone or computer, go to HBOGO.com/activate.
- Choose Amazon Fire TV and then select Continue.
- Choose your TV provider and then enter the username and password for your TV provider account. If you don't know your username and password, contact your TV provider. If you don't see your TV provider listed, then they don't currently support HBO GO on Amazon Fire TV. For more information, see Why doesn't my TV provider offer HBO GO?
- On the Activate a Device screen, enter the activation code that appears on your TV (from step 3), and then choose Activate Device.
- You should see a "Success" message on both your TV and computer. Sometimes it can take a few minutes for the activation to complete.
You're ready to start watching HBO GO!
Note: The activation code on your Amazon Fire TV will reset every few minutes.
If you're having any trouble activating HBO GO on your Amazon Fire TV, go to I can't activate a device on my computer.
How do I deactivate HBO GO on my Amazon Fire TV?
To deactivate HBO GO on your Amazon Fire TV, Fire TV Stick, or Fire TV Cube:
- Open the HBO GO app on your Amazon Fire TV.
- Press the Menu button on your remote (button with horizontal lines).
- Select Settings > Deactivate HBO GO > Deactivate Now.
If you sold your Amazon Fire TV and forgot to deactivate HBO GO, we can deactivate devices linked to your HBO GO ID. Contact our support team to request a device deactivation.