Activating/deactivating HBO GO on Samsung TV
To activate HBO GO on your Samsung TV, follow these steps:
- Go to the Samsung appstore and make sure your Samsung TV model is supported (choose the Check your device link).
- Download HBO GO from the Smart Hub on your Samsung TV.
- Open HBO GO on your TV.
- Choose Sign In or Activate Your Device to get your activation code. Stay on this page until you enter the code on your computer (as per the steps below).
- On your computer, go to HBOGO.com/activate.
- Choose Samsung Smart TV and then Continue.
- Choose your TV provider and then enter the username and password for your TV provider account. If you don't know your username and password, contact your TV provider. If you don't see your TV provider listed, then they don't currently support HBO GO on Samsung TV. For more information, see Why doesn't my TV provider offer HBO GO?
- On the Activate a Device screen, enter the code from your TV (from step 4).
- You should see a "Success" message on both your TV and computer. Sometimes it can take a few minutes for the activation to complete.
You're ready to start watching HBO GO!
Note: The activation code expires after 15 minutes. Choose Get New Code if the activation code expires, or if the code you enter isn't recognized.
If you're having any trouble activating HBO GO on your Samsung TV, go to I can't activate a device on my computer.
How do I deactivate HBO GO on my Samsung TV?
To deactivate HBO GO on your Samsung TV:
- Open HBO GO on your Samsung TV.
- Select Settings > Deactivate.
If you sold your Samsung TV and forgot to deactivate HBO GO, we can deactivate devices linked to your HBO GO ID. Contact our support team to request a device deactivation.