Signing in and out of HBO GO on Roku
To sign in to HBO GO on your Roku, follow these steps:
- Download HBO GO from the Channel Store on your Roku player.
- Open HBO GO on your Roku and choose Sign In. You should see a 6-digit code. Stay on this screen while you grab your phone or a computer.
- On your phone or a computer, open a web browser.
- In your browser's address bar, type the url you see on your TV: HBOGO.com/activate. This url redirects to activate.HBOGO.com.
- Enter the code that appears on your TV, and then choose Next.
- Don't see an Enter Code page? See Where do I enter the code?
- Code doesn't work? See Code didn't work or is invalid.
First time signing in?
We'll ask you to create a profile:
- Enter an HBO GO ID; this is a unique username for your HBO GO profile (and is not used for signing in). It must be between 3-14 characters and can't include spaces or special characters.
- Enter your email address and ZIP code (these fields are optional).
- Choose Create Profile.
Your TV screen will update and you're ready to stream HBO GO.
Can't sign in?
If you can't sign in on your Roku, try the following:
- Try the sign-in steps above using a different browser (FireFox, Chrome, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, or Safari).
- If you used your computer in Step 4 above, try using your phone instead (or vice versa).
- Make sure you can sign in to HBO GO on another device. For example, try signing in at HBOGO.com or the HBO GO app on your phone or tablet (iOS or Android).
- If you still can't sign in, delete and reinstall HGO GO (to find out how, see Step 2 of Can't sign in on Roku).
Signing out of HBO GO on Roku
To sign out of HBO GO on your Roku:
- Open HBO GO on your Roku.
- Scroll down and choose Settings and then choose Sign Out.
If you sold your Roku and forgot to sign out, you can sign out of HBO GO on all devices. For more info, see How do I sign out of all devices?