What do I need to sign up for HBO (HBO GO)?
Note Beginning July 31, 2020, the HBO GO app will no longer be available on most devices. To learn more, please see I have HBO GO. Do I get HBO Max?
HBO GO is a free streaming service that's included with your paid HBO subscription through a cable or satellite TV provider. To use HBO GO, you need two things:
- An HBO subscription through a participating TV provider (see next heading). If you don't have an HBO subscription, go to HBO.com/ways-to-get to see all the ways you can get HBO.
- The username and password of your TV provider account.
Does my TV provider support HBO (HBO GO)?
If you get HBO as part of your cable or satellite TV package, you may have access to HBO GO. To find out if your TV provider supports HBO GO:
- On your computer, go to play.HBOGO.com/login.
- Check to see if your TV provider appears in the All Providers list.
If your TV provider is listed, choose your provider and sign in using the username and password for your TV provider account. Need help? See Sign in at HBOGO.com.
Does my TV provider offer HBO Max?
To find out if your provider supports HBO Max, please see I have HBO. Do I get HBO Max? (Your provider is who you pay for your HBO subscription.)
If your provider supports HBO Max, do the following:
- Install HBO Max. Go to the app store on a supported device and search for HBO Max. Then, select HBO Max and choose the download/install option.
- Sign in. Sign in to HBO Max by choosing Sign in Through TV or Mobile Provider on the sign-in screen. Then, choose your provider and enter your provider account credentials. For step-by-step instructions, please see Sign in through a provider.
- Stream. Once you're signed in, you can create profiles and start streaming.