I am using HBO GO on my PS4™ and get a message that says "Error code 04-31-320." How can I fix this?
We are aware of intermittent video playback issues on PS4 devices. Our technical support team is currently working with Sony to investigate the issue. For additional information please visit: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-3-Support/HBO-GO-and-Netflix-Issue/td-p/43364140
Other users reported that going back to the main menu, closing the app and reopening resolved the issue. Many issues with the HBO GO app are caused by the app being damaged. The simplest way to remedy issues with HBO GO on your PS4™ is to uninstall and reinstall the app.
Please follow the steps below:
- Uninstall the HBO GO app:
- From the XMB home menu, go to TV/Video Services
- Navigate to the HBO GO icon
- Press the controller's “Options” button, select “Delete”
- Follow the onscreen prompts to remove the app
- Reinstall the HBO GO app from the PlayStation Store
- Re-start the HBO GO app
- Power cycle your home networking equipment (Modem & Router)
- Test video playback using a hard wired connection
- Confirm your connection speed, go to www.speakeasy.net/speedtest
- Test video playback at multiple points of the day (morning, afternoon, evening)
If you are experiencing intermittent video playback issues a slow or inconsistent network connection could be the cause. HBO GO requires a very solid internet connection while streaming video. HBO GO will adjust video quality based on the strength of your network connection.