Troubleshoot HBO GO on PlayStation 4
If you're having issues with HBO GO on your Playstation 4, try the steps below, retrying the action that wasn't working after each step.
Step 1: Check your connection speed
HBO GO requires a minimum download speed of 5 Mbps to stream video. If you're experiencing streaming issues, a slow or inconsistent network connection might be the cause. To check your connection speed go to Settings > Network > Internet Connection Test.
Step 2: Restart your devices
- Turn off your PlayStation 4.
- Unplug the power from your network devices (modem, router, etc.).
- Reconnect the power to your modem and then your router. Let each device power up before connecting the next.
- Turn on your PlayStation 4 and try playing an HBO GO video.
Step 3: Try a wired connection
For the best performance, try using a wired connection instead of a wireless connection. To do this, connect your PlayStation 4 to your home network using an Ethernet cable.
For additional troubleshooting information, go to PlayStation: Troubleshoot Network Connection.
Step 4: Delete and reinstall HBO GO
- From the XMB home menu on your PlayStation, go to TV/Video Services.
- Highlight HBO GO and then press the Options button on your controller.
- Select Delete.
- Reinstall HBO GO (go to the PlayStation Store and download HBO GO).
- Open HBO GO.
- Reactivate HBO GO on your PlayStation.
- Check to see if the issue is resolved.
For general questions on the Playstation 4, please visit Playstation Support.