Streaming HBO GO on too many devices simultaneously
You can sign in to HBO GO on different devices, but the number of simultaneous streams is limited for security reasons.
If you're getting a streaming on too many devices message, do the following:
- Sign in to HBO GO on your phone, tablet, or computer.
- Do one of the following:
- Phone or tablet: Tap the Profile icon and then the Settings icon (upper-right corner).
- Computer: In the upper-right corner, choose the Profile icon.
- Choose Manage Devices. A list of devices that you've recently used appears under Other Devices.
Important If you don't recognize a device, see I suspect my account is being accessed without my permission.
- Take note of all devices with a recent Last Used time.
- To start streaming on your current device, you'll need to stop streaming on a device that you recently used.
You can choose to sign out of one or more devices. To learn more, see How do I remotely sign out?
The username and password that you sign in with shouldn't be shared with anyone outside of your household. If you share your TV provider sign-in information, you might not be able to stream because too many people are streaming HBO GO at the same time.
If you suspect that your account is being used without your permission, please see What to do if you think your account has been compromised.