Streaming HBO GO on too many devices simultaneously
You can sign in to HBO GO on different devices, but the number of simultaneous streams is limited for security reasons. If you're getting a simultaneous streams message, you can't start streaming until you stop streaming on another device.
To manage your devices, do the following:
- Sign in to HBO GO on your phone, tablet, or computer.
- Do one of the following:
- Phone or tablet: Tap the Profile icon and then the Settings icon (upper-right corner).
- Computer: In the upper-right corner, choose the Profile icon.
- Choose Manage Devices. A list of devices that you've recently used appears under Other Devices.
Important If you don't recognize a device, see My account is being accessed without my permission.
- Find devices with a recent Last Used time.
- To start streaming on your current device, you'll need to stop streaming on another device.
If you don't have access to a device, you can sign out of a device from your phone, tablet, or computer. To learn more, see How do I remotely sign out?
The username and password that you sign in with shouldn't be shared with anyone outside of your household. If you share your TV provider sign-in information, you might not be able to stream because too many people are streaming HBO GO at the same time.
If you suspect that your account is being used without your permission, please see What to do if you think your account has been compromised.