Troubleshoot HBO GO on Xbox One
If you're experiencing video playback issues, see Troubleshoot video playback issues on Xbox One.
Here are some steps to try if you're having another issue with HBO GO on your Xbox One.
Step 1: Check the Xbox Live service status
Check the status of HBO GO and the Xbox Live service on the Xbox Live Service status page (scroll down to Apps to see if there's an issue with the HBO GO app).
Step 2: Quit and restart HBO GO
- From the HBO GO app, press the Xbox button on your controller.
- With the HBO GO tile highlighted, press the Menu button on your controller (button with horizontal lines).
- Choose Quit.
- Wait 10 seconds.
- Open HBO GO and see if the issue is resolved.
Step 3: Restart your Xbox One console
- Go to the Home screen and scroll left to open the guide.
- Choose Settings > Restart console.
- Once restarted, open HBO GO and see if the issue is resolved.
Step 4: Uninstall and reinstall HBO GO
- Go to My games & apps.
- Highlight HBO GO and then press the Menu button on your controller.
- Choose Uninstall.
- Reinstall the HBO GO app (go to Apps and choose to download HBO GO).
- Open HBO GO and see if the issue is resolved
For additional help with HBO GO on Xbox One, go to HBO GO app on Xbox One help.