Troubleshoot HBO GO on Xbox One
If you're having issues with HBO GO on your Xbox One, try the steps below, retrying the action that wasn't working after each step.
Step 1: Check the Xbox Live service status
Check the status of HBO GO and the Xbox Live service on the Xbox Live Service status page (check under to Apps to see if there's an issue HBO GO).
Step 2: Check for software updates
- HBO GO: On your Xbox One, move the selection to the HBO GO app, press the Menu button on your controller (3 horizontal lines), then choose Manage app and see if there's an Updates section.
- Xbox One: Go to Settings > System > Updates > Update Console to see if there are updates for your Xbox One.
Step 3: Check your Internet connection
To stream HD video, you need a high-speed connection with a minimum download speed of 5 Mbps for HD video.
When streaming video, HBO GO adjusts the video quality based on the strength of your network bandwidth and connection speed. If the network bandwidth is too low or the connection speed fluctuates, you might get a lower resolution video or no video. If your Internet connection drops altogether, the video will stop playing and you'll be prompted to reconnect.
To check your connection speed, press the Menu button on your controller, then choose Settings > Network > Detailed Network Statistics.
If video is frequently buffering or is poor quality, try the following:
- Try a wired connection - Try connecting your device to your home network using an Ethernet cable (if it isn't already), or contact your Internet provider for help.
- Reduce traffic on your Wi-Fi network - Try minimizing the number of devices using your Internet connection when you watch HBO GO. This will allocate as much bandwidth as possible for streaming HBO GO.
- Try another device - Try streaming HBO GO on another device connected to the same network (this will help determine if the problem is related to your network or a specific device).
- Restart your network devices - Unplug your modem and router, wait a minute, and then reconnect your modem. Once your modem is connected to the Internet (about a minute), reconnect your router.
Step 4: Uninstall, unplug Xbox One, and reinstall HBO GO
Step 1: Uninstall HBO GO
- Go to My games & apps.
- Highlight HBO GO and then press the Menu button on your controller.
- Choose Uninstall.
Step 2: Unplug your Xbox One
- Unplug the power cord from your Xbox One.
- Wait 60 seconds.
- Plug the power cord back in.
Step 3: Reinstall HBO GO
- Reinstall HBO GO (go to Apps and download HBO GO).
- Open HBO GO and see if the issue is resolved.