Troubleshoot HBO GO on Samsung TV
If you're having issues with HBO GO on your Samsung TV, try the steps below, retrying the action that wasn't working after each step.
Step 1: Check your connection speed
HBO GO requires a minimum download speed of 5 Mbps to stream video. HBO GO will adjust video quality based on the strength of your network connection. If videos frequently buffer or are poor quality, a slow or inconsistent network connection might be the cause. Test the speed of your connection from a computer on the same network as your Samsung TV.
Step 2: Restart HBO GO
Exit out of the HBO GO app, and then restart it
Step 3: Update your Samsung TV
To check for updates on your Samsung TV:
- Turn on your Samsung TV, then press the Menu button on your remote control.
- Select Support > Software Update > Update Now.
For additional help, go to Samsung TV Support.
Step 4: Restart your devices
Try restarting your Samsung TV and your network devices. Here's how:
- Unplug your Samsung TV.
- Unplug the power from your network devices (modem, router, etc.).
- Reconnect the power to your modem and then your router. Let each device power up before connecting the next.
- Plug your Samsung TV back in.
- Sign in to HBO GO and play a video.
Step 5: Delete and reinstall HBO GO
The following steps may vary depending on your Samsung TV model.
- Open the Smart Hub.
- Using the navigational keys on your remote to highlight HBO GO.
- Press the Tools button on your remote and then select Delete.
- Search for HBO GO.
- Select HBO GO to reinstall the app.
- Once installed, select Run.
- Activate the HBO GO app.
- See if the issue is resolved.
Step 6: Try a wired connection
For the best performance, try using a wired connection instead of a wireless connection. To do this, connect your Samsung TV to your home network using an Ethernet cable.