No sound or low volume when watching HBO GO on Roku
If you're not getting Dolby Digital Plus audio in HBO GO, try the following:
- Make sure your speakers are connected to your Dolby Digital Plus receiver.
- Make sure your HDMI/Optical connectors are plugged in.
- Reverse the ends of the cable or trying using another cable.
If you're still experiencing issues, try switching the audio setting on your Roku to Stereo. Here's how:
- From the Roku Home screen, select Settings > Audio > Audio mode > Stereo.
- Now play a video in HBO GO to see if you now have audio.
In order to get Dolby Digital Plus audio, you need to have a receiver that supports Dolby Digital Plus. Dolby Digital Plus is an audio technology based on Dolby Digital 5.1, the established standard for home theater surround sound.