Troubleshoot HBO GO on Apple TV
If you're having issues with HBO GO on your Apple TV, try the steps below, retrying the action that wasn't working after each step.
Step 1: Update your software
Make sure your software is up to date.
- Apple TV (4th generation): On your Apple TV, to Settings > System > Software Updates > Update Software. Also, go to the App Store and see if there's an update for HBO GO.
- Apple TV (2nd or 3rd generation): On your Apple TV, go to Settings > General > Update Software.
Step 2: Restart your devices
Try restarting your Apple TV and your network devices. Here's how:
- Unplug your Apple TV.
- Unplug the power from your network devices (modem, router, etc.).
- Reconnect the power to your modem and then your router. Let each device power up before connecting the next.
- Plug your Apple TV back in.
- Sign in to HBO GO and play a video.
Step 3: Uninstall and reinstall HBO GO (4th gen only)
To uninstall HBO GO on your 4th generation Apple TV:
- Highlight the HBO GO app, and then hold down the Touch surface or Select until the app starts to jiggle.
- Press Play/Pause, and then choose Delete.
- Open the app store and reinstall HBO GO.
Step 4: Try a wired connection
Try connecting your Apple TV to your home network using an Ethernet cable.
For more help with your Apple TV, go to apple.com/support/appletv.